that all may be heard
July 17th
Ok, I am in the midden big time. I faced the inquisition. The Mekhet Priscus (Dominique Hamersly of the first estate) was there , as was Lord Jericho and Sir Hargrave and Dame Brittany, my Sire and my brother.
Presiding over the evening, and there to give judgment, was Leon Gicquel, Justicar and Priscus Harpy. I was hungry before we even started and my nerves were getting the better of me! I had not been in the company of so many Kindred before.
I told my story and was questioned by several, heard Lord Jericho's testimony and Dominique Hamersly's consultation. My Sire told of the circumstances preceeding the event and my brother listened and watched nervousely.
I was feeling pretty low , then Lord Hargrave told of his loss. Eight Generations of Odovacar broken, his loss irreplaceable, Favriele in grief, Sir Robert St Paul on the rampage and everyone crying for justice.
Guicquel makes his judgement; I have a life boon to House Odovacar, the details to be worked out when everyone is calmer. I shall have to leave the Circle, and my sire is not happy.
I would have happily walked into the sun, there and then, but Gicquel said that the boon would then transfer to my Sire and my brother. I got a bit upset about that, bad enough me getting in the shite but Sire and brother...?
I should have kept quiet, I know I should have, but it irked me that Eldwyn was such a weakling that he couldn't defend himself against me and my family copped the fall out.
So I asked Hargrave where "HE!" was when Eldwyn was attacked, his childe that couldn't frenzy his way out of a paper bag!
Set'eths absent balls!!! Hargrave frenzy's!!! I mean full on, walk 'through' the table type frenzy. Dominique flips out, Brittany can't stop him and my brother and Sire pull weapons out of nowhere! I take off and head behind Gicquel and he manages to restore order, but it is close. The Nosferatu grabbed me and for a moment I smelt death and not a nice one either.
Then everything calms down.
Gicquel puts an oath of silence on me and continues with the order of the boon.
Whsat can I do but comply. I am Khaibit, we are servants and retainers, the best....I shall serve House Odovacar to the exclusion of all others. I shall make my Sire and my Grandsire proud!
I have purpose!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home